Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lab 9


Here it is! So... a few issues. FOR SOME INCREDIBLY INFURIATING REASON the gradient affected the color of my map, though that's never happened before... the layer containing the gradient was beneath the layer containing the states, I dunno what the issue was. I improved the map from lab 7, minimized white space, corrected scales and what not. I also made this map an (almost) perfect square, as per the instructions.

(serious compare and contrast below)

The map printed certainly gave a different image than this map, developed for web display. For one, the printed map barely shows the yellow gradient at all, though unfortunately this might also be due to the low ink in my cartridge...
I do think that the printed image has a very nice contrast between the classes, and that both maps are easy to read. I thought and rethought the elimination of the legend/AL/HI boxes, finally deciding that my map looked best without them and that my scales were lined up well enough to be intuitive. Naturally there was some pixilation/distortion of my printed map that make it look less professional than the web display, but such issues could be easily fixed via higher resolutions and a better printer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home